- “We have many offices who need to see the same data – help!”
- “Our email program is out of compliance!”
- “How can I get to my files when I’m abroad?”
- “Help us go paperless!”
- “Can I track who sees the data in my organization?”
- “Our records are in so many places and formats – how can we get it under control?”
Hello, digital recordkeeping.
When FileVault opened its doors in 2001, we started storing critical physical information assets for clients. The volume of physical data grew and grew – to the point that today we actually have clients – more than one! – who store more than 10 million individual, retrievable, physical records with us!
And then, clients asked us if we could provide the same sort of power – on-demand retrievals, 24/7/365, perfect accountability and compliance – for their information in digital format.
And we rose to the challenge. It took many years for us to get to a place where we felt that we could add value to client relationships – that is, help clients to see around the corner for potential records opportunities and challenges, help them to ask better questions, and help them to execute electronic records management (ERM) plans.
These plans have called for:
- design of scanning processes – onsite and at our site
- use of online repositories
- email archiving
- online backup services
- retention schedule management
- and many other applications
FileVault is generally agnostic about applications when we introduce ourselves to you – that is, we don’t have one particular hammer and see the whole world as full of nails: We first listen and learn, and are able then to guide clients to an optimal solution. We only care about the optimal solution for you – we are stewards of your records program, not software salesmen.
In this way, clients feel very comfortable asking us to help them form digital strategies and execute them – we simply don’t come with ‘one best software solution’ in mind.